Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Twelve Days of Christmas. Third Day.


On the Third Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Fernando: Hey, Martin, what are these birds doing around us?
Martin: Yesterday, Slave told me that we are acting a Christmas song. I had to have my photo taken with some Turtle Doves. Heaven knows what comes next.
Slave: The next verse has him giving her Three French Hens.
Fernando: These do not look much like hens to me, French or otherwise. The one to my left looks surprisingly like a peacock.
Slave: I am sorry boys but I do not have any hens so these are the understudies. We have to pretend that they are hens. It is called poetic licence.
Fernando: I did not know that we needed a licence for poetry.
Martin: I think that she means that it is OK to pretend when we are actors.
Slave: That's right Martin. We can pretend anything when we are acting and there is going to be a lot of this before this song is finished.

3 comments:

  1. ann of piggyville27 December, 2018 17:51

    We love your 12 days of Christmas stories and pigtures. You are such a talented writer. What a hoot hearing your piggys discuss poetic license.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!!! You are very creative and clever, Penny!
    Love, Ann & Buddy Boston Terrier in CT

    ReplyDelete