Friday, December 28, 2018

The Twelve Days Of Christmas. Fourth Day





On the Fourth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me. Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.




Machu Picchu: Hey, Kiwi. There are a load of birds in our pen.
Kiwi: I know. That is why I am hiding in our box.
Slave: We are acting the fourth verse of our song. In this verse the man gives his true love Four Calling Birds.
Picchu: Ah. So this is more of this poetical licence is it? Martin and Fernando told us about that. Have you got the correct birds here Slave? Do robins call? And what is that green sparkly one on the right?
Slave: Yes, robins do call. They sing in the garden even in winter but I only have three of them so I took the green one off the Christmas tree to make up the number.
Picchu: This does seem rather a silly song. What is she going to do with all these birds? Perhaps she would rather have received four carrots? I know that Kiwi and I would.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment