Monday, December 31, 2018

The Twelve Days of Christmas. Seventh Day.





On the Seventh Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me. Seven Swans a Swimming, Six Geese a laying, Five Gold Rings etc.....

Slave: Will one of you come and pose with this Swan please?


Casper: I must just finish this cucumber before Cosmo comes and takes it.





Mimi: That swan looks awfully big for a little piggy like me and I must just finish this cucumber before it gets stale.




Aoife: That is a nice little swan. Can I eat it?
Slave: No, sorry Aoife, it is made of glass. We are just acting the seventh verse.
Aoife: Then shouldn't there be seven swans?
Slave: Do you realise how hard it is to get swans? They all belong to the queen and we would get arrested if we went out and took one let alone seven.
Aoife: Ok. One swan it is. Swans are big, fierce birds and I would not want to meet seven of them. Why would the man in the song give his lady seven swans? What on earth would she do with them?
Slave: I have no idea and I am wondering why anyone wrote this song in the first place. It would have been much easier to act the Holly and the Ivy. The garden is full of that. Thank you for posing so nicely Aoife. You can have some veggies now.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment