Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Twelve Days of Christmas. Sixth Day.





On the Sixth Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Six Geese a laying, Five Gold Rings, Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.




Martin: Come on Slave. Is this the best that you can do?
Slave: I cannot find any geese but you can see that these eggs have been laid and there are six of them.
Martin: But are they goose eggs? They do not look that large to me.
Slave: Well...er...no. They are really hens' eggs but...er... they are acting too and pretending to be goose eggs.
Martin: This is all getting rather silly don't you think?
Slave: I am beginning to think that this was a big mistake right from the start but we will soldier on. Only 6 more days to go.
Martin: Six!!
Slave: Sigh!

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment