Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Photos from abroad.

We have a new photo to share showing two of our one time Junior Slave's herd of piggies. We call the US branch of Piggyfriends "Piggyfriends Two."

Here is one of Mama Rin and her daughter, Maki
.

And here is a newcomer! This little piggy is being fostered by them after being rescued from some terrible surroundings.





She will have a home to go to so they are not naming her as, once named, she will never leave. They are just calling her Minipig for the time being. She never stops eating or running around so it was difficult to get a good photo of her. Isn't she pretty?

Our Slave could never foster as they most certainly would never leave. We wonder what will happen with Minipig and will keep you updated.

5 comments:

  1. Minipig is indeed lovely, and kudos to Junior Slave for snapping that pigture. Young piggies are so quick and easily spooked that I was never able to get a good photo of mine that were adopted as minipigs.
    I'm so glad that Minipig was rescued and is now at least a temporary member of Piggyfriends Two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Penny!
    So these are the CT Cavies!!! Such cuties! It's good to know there is a Piggyfriends Two in my neck of the woods!

    I thought of you this week when I forwarded a long correspondence we had concerning Tessie's leg paralysis when she was seven years old. A friend is having an issue with her baby piggy, but the vet says he has a nodule in his lymph nodes, so is being treated with antibiotic. He wasn't taking it well, so I sent a coaching letter to explain to her how we did things like that with two sets of hands.

    You were always a compassionate and willing counselor, and such a help! I hope you are doing well, especially with this pandemic happening!

    Love from Ann in CT
    and Buddy Boston Terrier, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to hear from you Ann and Buddy Boston. I hope that your friend's piggy will be OK.

      Thanks for your kind words. The Piggyfriends and I are doing OK during this horrible crisis and we hope that you are too.

      Delete
  3. Minipig looks lovely and I am so glad she was rescued. All piggies deserve a good home. If she does get rehomed, I expect she will be flying over to join Piggyfriends One!!
    I could never foster as I wouldn't be able to part with a piggy who was happy here. When Peter Gurney died I adopted two of his piggies and one turned out to be pregnant. She had five beautiful babies and I loved them so much. Sadly, only two were girls and I had to return the boys to the rescue. That was 14 years ago and I still haven't got over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, Slave to the Piggyfriends.21 September, 2020 00:47

    I remember you adopting Peter's piggies all those years ago. Having to return those little boys must have been very hard and I am not surprised that you never got over it.

    ReplyDelete