Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Introducing Coke and Fitz

It is certainly time we introduced ourselves! We are Coke and Fitz, and earlier this year we came to live with Scottie.
 
I, Coke, am the crested guinea pig. Here I am on the floor with one of my feet on the wood that borders the floor area our dad made. I've learned not to go outside that area, and my mom says sometimes I move sideways like a crab so I don't touch the actual wood floor. She thinks that's cute. I think it's great exercise!
 
I, Fitz, am the Peruvian, and as you see, my hair is rather curly. I love to be brushed and petted. Here I am about to drink some water. It is nice to have my A-frame nearby in case I need a quiet place to rest. My mom says I always have a happy look on my face. I like the floor, too!
 
We are about four and a half and four, respectively, so we are older than Scottie, who is two. So, well, I, Coke, thought I should be the dominant one. At first we got along in one cage (house), but my mom realized she had to have two houses for now. Fitz moves between us, so he stays in the cage at night with me and then visits Scottie in the other cage for a lot of the day.
 
Our mom lovingly calls our moving around "the stock exchange," and if she sees that I'm missing Fitz, he'll join me on the floor. When Scottie misses Fitz, she returns him to Scottie.
 
I, Fitz, apparently am very popular! Scottie and I also share floor time, too.
 
Mom still hopes one day we might all be together. If not, we will keep doing what we're doing. We listen well to our mom and know what a gentle "no" means. If we ever do become a trio, we will post it here!
 
We are glad to be here and to say hello.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Well hello Coke and Fitz. It is so kind of you to introduce yourselves and your humans. I can see you have trained your humans very well. You gave them very good instructions on how to build your home and your free range play pen. It is good that your humans know where it is safe from them to walk and play with you. Hopefully you will all get along together as one big happy family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes, Ann. We agree that we have trained our humans well (though sometimes it takes a while!). Our dad had a fun time building our free-range area, and, yes, maybe one day we will all play there together! Coke and Fitz

      Delete
  2. hi Cindy Scottie, Coke, and Fitz!
    You are having quite the adventure keeping three boy piggies happy. It would be wonderful if all three can live together someday. They are two adorable little guys. Welcome!

    Ann & Buddy Boston Terrier in CT, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann and Buddy Boston Terrier, thank you for the compliments about us (blush). Our mom and dad are really hoping we'll all be together one day. Yes, we do like to keep our mom busy. LOL. Coke and Fitz

      Delete
  3. Adorable little piggies. so glad to see your cute little face:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misfits, we appreciate your kind words (blush). It was fun to write up our story for the blog! Coke and Fitz

      Delete