Sunday, April 25, 2021

Nugget is 6!

I had a birthday April 20th, but my mom wasn't able to get a pigture of me on the special day because her camera refused to turn on. She was very disappointed.

This afternoon she tried again, and to her surprise the camera turned on --- then immediately turned off!  My dad tried taking out the new batteries and putting them in again, and for some reason, the camera decided to work.

(This is supposed to be about me, I think???)

Anyhow, my mom didn't have much time to prepare so she picked me up from my cozy where I was resting, got one of my towels and placed me on the sofa by her favorite pillow. She says that in hindsight (I'll have to ask what that means), she should have chosen one of her cranberry towels to match the pillow, but she was concerned that the camera would change its mind.

(Is this about me yet?)

My parents won't tell me exactly how old I am, but say I am very young.  Despite some health problems earlier in the year, I'm feeling much better now and have gained weight in the past month. I'm very happy to have celebrated another birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Nugget! We are so glad that your mum managed to get that pigture of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Piggyfriends! I must admit to being so mesmerized by the camera that I didn't even pay attention to the apple in front of me.

      Delete
  2. Technology definitely works in mysterious ways --- kudos to your mum and dad for sticking with it and getting this lovely birthday portrait! We're sure you got lots of tasty birthday goodies to help celebrate too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat and the Prairie Pigs, thanks, and, yes, the camera does just what it wants to do (or not do)! I did get various goodies for my birthday, and Scottie helped me do some celebratory eating. Yum.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday, Nugget. Whee are so happy to have you here!
    Blessings from Ellen & hee furry entourage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen and furry entourage! I am happy to be here. I am eating well and enjoying life!

      Delete