Monday, January 14, 2013

Vote for The Critter Connection!

I would like to nominate The Critter Connection/Durham, CT/USA.


Both Joanne and I got our piggies from Cindy, who is head honcho at the rescue. Actually, I only have one piggy left now who was my friend's, as my five from The Critter Connection have passed on. Cindy does a wonderful job caring for the needs of the piggies, many of whom require veterinary attention when they come to her, and some of whom stay for their entire lives as sanctuary piggies. I believe at this point she has mainly senior/special needs piggies staying with her as sanctuary pigs. Her roof caved in two years ago when we had a winter of unusually heavy snow (I believe it was that winter), and she has not been able to take in as many piggies since.


Lately, because of a lack of funding, she has been using her site to advertise for people who are looking for a new home for their piggy/piggies, but the pigs stay with their owners until adopted. Cindy is very conscientious about placing piggies into good homes. I am including a link to their website, and from there you can visit their blog as well.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/critter.html

I sincerely hope that folks would consider giving The Critter Connection your vote. Cindy's rescue is small and has struggled to survive in tough economic times. She and her vice president, Whitney, remain very dedicated to the animals in their charge and their "mission," despite discouragement at times. I give them my highest recommendation.

Sincerely,
Ann Sadoian in CT
with Purdy Pig

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including our rescue. We do have many sanctuary and senior pigs, however, we are still taking in pigs from emergency situations. Ones that are found dumped in the woods (6 came in the beginning of Oct 2012 that fall into this category), ones that are found along side the road in cardboard boxes, and so on. We also take in pigs from private owners that are in a desperate situation and have exhausted all other possibilites.
    Cindy
    President
    www.ctguineapigrescue.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are happy to be able to give a vote of support!

    Buddy Latte Pebbles Bambi and Minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is my pleasure to give my vote of support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy and Sammy throw their single vote to the critter Connection

    ReplyDelete