Monday, December 7, 2009

Double Dutch

Agent Badger; Interviewed by Agent I;

Since it is our mission to take over the world (our motto; Today the living room, tomorrow the world!), Agent F has started recruiting new special agents. Me and Agent F(an american crested himself) encourage a multi-cultural staff, so pigs from around the world were encouraged to join us. Agents that have joined our herd so far are; Agent A (Agouti),   Piggy Galore (Satin),   Agent whorlwind (Abby),   Agent Patchwork (Tricolor),   Agent Big Red (Self Red),


Our newest recruit is Agent Badger and Agent F has asked me to check him out because he told agent F that he was a Dutch Pig (since I am from the Netherlands too)

 

Welcome new special Agent, state your name, age and special powers, please.

 Thank you Agent I. I note that previous new agents have not revealed their real names until readers of Agent F's blog have had the chance to guess so I will keep my real name in reserve but I can tell you that I am 4 years old. My special ability is camouflage as I can sneak around in shadows and in the half light.



So, Agent Badger, which part from the Netherlands are you from?


Well, I have to admit that I am not really Dutch but my colour is so named as we resemble the black and white Dutch rabbits.

*shock* Are you telling me you're not from the Netherlands?? Hm.. I guess that is just like Agent F, him being an American crested although he has never set a paw outside the UK.. silly humans. Can you tell me more about the dutch breed (unlike me and the rest of the winky gang, who were just born in the netherlands..)
Pure bred Dutch piggies are white with patches of, most commonly, black or red although other colours are allowed. We have coloured patches around our eyes with a white blaze down to our noses, a broad white band around our middles and our rear end is the same colour as our patches.

Thank you very much for the information, I'm sure you'll make an excellent special agent. Especially with your ability to take on different nationalities. Agent dismissed!

Agent badger is a black and white dutch guinea pig.

The breed standard for dutch guinea pigs says they are hard to breed as the they need round cheek markings as near to whiskers as possible but not touching them, a white wedge shape blazed along the nose tapering to between the ears, no coloured hairs behind the ears.

The body is divided in 2 by saddle markings white at front black at the rear this should be a straight line.

The back feet should have ideally one white stop per foot (white marking) this ends halfway between the toe ends and the heel of the foot.

The ears should be a solid colour.

And humans think its easy being a guinea pig, they must be mad.

[caption id="attachment_493" align="aligncenter" width="510" caption="Agent Badger "]Barley[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. Very cute piggy! I did not know the details about Dutch piggy coloring, how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are a very cute piggie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agent Badger says " Thank you for the compliments "

    ReplyDelete