Friday, September 4, 2009

Spotting Fungal Ear Infection

Here is how Mummy found out I had a fungal ear infection

1) When she was stroking me my bad ear felt thicker than normal.
2) When she looked inside she could see big flakes of scurf, these looked like thick slightly yellow dandruff (in my earlier pigture you can see one on the left hand edge of ear flap)
3) Me had small patches of dried blood, these are caused by me scratching coz it irritates (Mummy not convinced by that as she hasnt seen me scratching but doesnt know what else it could be)
4) My ear was a darker pink than normal (normally they are grey with a hint of pink)
5) The ear felt hot to the touch my other ear was cool
6) When Daddy tug gently at the hair it came out in clumps held together by the scurf.

7) Some of the scurf fell out with just gentle running of fingers over the ear, like human dandruff falls out.

8) Some of the scurf was like dandruff and some was waxy and sticky (yucky my poor ear)

9) Trip to vet to confirm (although Mummy thinks they just agreed with her diagnoses)

No comments:

Post a Comment