Friday, July 10, 2009

Me is a Hair Dresser

Since I have been allowed back in with Spooky I have decided his hair needs a bit of work.

At first I started to eat it coz Mummy had managed to get syringe food in his hair, so Mummy and Daddy gave him a wash (Spooky is a big wimp he dont like bath time)

When he came back clean I decided I wanted to make him into a punk so I have kept on trimming his hair. Spooky dont mind its the humans that have a problem with this.

Mummy has been looking on the internet for advise about barbering and even the late great Peter Gurney cant explain why we do it.

The suggestions vary from it being a sign of dominance, boredom ,stress, genetic or not enough hay, me I just want Spooky to be a punk.

If I was eating my own hair this could be a sign of mites and should be checked out.

The advice to humans is leave us guinea pigs alone we will sort it out, if Spooky dont like having his hair cut he will tell me and eating all the hair is no problem for me I poop it out again.

Mummy says if I make Spooky bald she will have to seperate us, I am just making him a punk mummy OK.

Mummy is calling me Sweeney Todd (heeheee the demon barber I like that)

Are any of you hairdressers??

Spooky update;
Weight = +25g = 413g
Eaten= hay, dried pellets and banana

Poops = nearly normal

3 comments:

  1. The Surrey Squeakers10 July, 2009 11:03

    Hi Sweeney. Caora Beag here, one of the Surrey Squeakers. I bet you are a better hairdresser than my human! I am a texcel (hence my name, Irish for "Little Sheep")and need haircuts to stop me looking like a loo brush, but yesterday's effort was pathetic. Oh, the indignity! My human has been looking up barbering and apparently it can be stopped by giving piggies more space. If you don't get fed up with your new career as a hairdresser and go back to lawnmowing, please tell your human the offer of our giant cage still stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fugly!,

    Yes... I enjoy barbering very much. I do it for various reasons and it's up to slave to find out which one it is (ghegheghe)

    1) Just for fun :-D I like the taste of it. like hay. I also enjoy chewing on slaves hair (has this nice lavendersmell) and my cagesmates (too bad it's so hard to see with Igor; with all those curls)

    But when I start doing it excessively there can be other reasons:

    2) I'm extremely bored. Next to being a dramaqueen extraordinaire, I'm also rather intelligent and like to be entertained and educated. Slave solves this by putting in new toys in the cage for me (my favorite: a carboard box with tiny holes filled with hay. That's a real chew-fest for me). Ow and to be honest, Igor always keeps me on my toes and also makes me less bored ;-)

    3) I'm in pain. Chewing hair CAN be stress- and pain relief for me. When my OD is acting up (usually inflammation of my joints) I start chewing my hair..a lot! So for slave this is a sign to give me a check up.

    Lots of wheeks!
    Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niles didn't have a cagemate, so he used to barber MY hair! Your mummy is lucky that you haven't gotten such crazy ideas with her.

    ReplyDelete