Thursday, July 30, 2009

Guinea Pigs Dont Like Heights.....

according to some humans that is.

Me and Spooky have no problems with heights.

When me was a baby I nearly gave Mummy a heart attack coz when she turned her back for a few minutes I climbed all the way to the top of the stairs (heeeheee)

Me couldnt get down again and Mummy had to come up and spoil my fun (rescue me)

In our cage we have a mezzanine floor and Spooky is forever jumping up there and then off again, me ventures up occasionally when me is not sleeping.

The problem guinea pigs have with heights is falling, if its a distance we can jump by ourselves (a single step or onto mezzanine floor) we should be ok anything higher than that and injuries can occur.

Humans should make sure we are extra secure when being carried, Mummy always wraps us straight in a blanket to carry us anywhere.

If an accident does occur and we fall/ drop from a height, the humans should watch us very closely and any sign of pain or unusual behaviour we should go straight to the vet (ohh joy)

So remember friends we are guinea pigs and not mountaineers and we should only climb/jump to a height we are happy with!!! (not all the way to the top of the stairs)

If you do get carried away wheeeek loudly until your human rescues you (but never admit to being grateful for rescue)

1 comment:

  1. Ow yes!! I looove the extreme sports; especially base jumping (or jumping into slave's neck when wet :-) )
    Too bad slave wont let me...:'-(

    ReplyDelete