Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Padraig Becomes a Prairie Pig


Hello, everyone!  I am the newest Prairie Pig, and my name is Padraig which is an Irish name (you say it something like "Porrig" unless you are Auntie Penny who speaks Irish and can somehow also sneak a "d" in there through the back door).  Actually, it was Auntie Penny (even though she lives thousands of miles away!) who alerted Pig Mum that there was a guinea pig on the website of her local humane society shelter.  And of course, Pig Mum loaded up her carrier into the car and went out there to get me! 

So far I really like it here.  I have friends now, and I get to visit with the other six Prairie Pigs twice a day at cage cleaning time.  Also, the food is pretty good!  See?  We get red pepper twice a day!!!

And Ernie loaned me his extra little wooden house so I have a cozy place to sleep.

Do you folks know about this stuff?  It's called grass and it is the most delicious food I have ever eaten!  It's my new favourite thing in the world!

That is my story so far.  I am looking forward to meeting everyone out there in Blog Land, so write in soon to say hello and tell me about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment