Saturday, September 16, 2023

Scottie and Coke Are Friends !!!

Coke here. You might remember that we recently lost Fitz, and of course Scottie and I were both very sad. Our mom had always hoped we'd live together as a trio but that never quite worked out, so we had shared our time with Fitz who graciously moved from cage to cage.

When Fitz passed away, our mom wasn't sure we'd ever get along. However, after several weeks, she re-introduced us on neutral territory, and things went pretty well.  Okay, that really means I decided to give Scottie a chance. It's possible that I might be, um, a little pushy from time to time.

One night I kept climbing the bars of my own house, and my mom thought I was telling her I wanted to be with Scottie. She was right! The rest is now history.

Here you will see us happily eating hay together, surrounded by our PVC tube (in front), various cozies, and so on. In the second photo I've decided to use a paper bag as a sleeping bag and am comfortably sacked out. (I need to ask my mom if that is a pun.)  Excuse my poop but I was trying to show that the bag was for my use and, well, a poop seemed logical.

We hope you can tell that Scottie and I are very pleased to be together!

10 comments:

  1. Pat and the Prairie Pigs17 September, 2023 19:08

    How wonderful that you boys have become friends at last! A guinea pig definitely needs a piggy pal to share snacks and playtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat and the Prairie Pigs! You are so right that it is better to be together. Sharing is definitely more fun. From your friends Scottie and Coke, and Cindy

      Delete
  2. Brilliant to see the boys happily together at last. Well done Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny and the Piggyfriends! It took some thought and time to figure out how to best reintroduce them, but we are all so pleased it worked out. From your friends Scottie and Coke, and Cindy

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos, what a handsome pair. Coke looks very chilled on his paper bag! So glad you've bonded, the Manc Piggies love hearing your stories x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manc Piggies, we are so glad you like to hear our stories -- thank you! We also appreciate your compliments about us (we might be blushing). Coke indeed is very chill on his paper bag. From your friends Scottie and Coke, and Cindy

      Delete
  4. Yay, so glad to hear that you get along!
    We also have a new addition, Coco and Linn have had health problems for ages but they are still hanging in there, so for now we are with 5 including a little lady of 3 months. We think she is named Dot, and she came from the piggies of one of mom's collegues...
    Wheeks, the 4 Winky girls plus boar: Linn, Coco, Muffin, Dot and boar Beer

    P.s. I'm wondering if any of you would be interested to join a discord group (she would then make) to talk and share more about our piggies? Photos and I think even videos are possible, I really like this concept of having a sort of chat group for my others hobbies ๐Ÿ˜‰ and wondered if piggy people would be interested as well๐Ÿ˜‰ Slave Mieke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mieke, we are so happy to be getting along now -- thank you. Being together definitely makes for happier days. We send healing wishes to Coco and Linn, and a big Welcome Home to Dot!

      Delete
  5. This is wheeky great news boys xxxxxx
    Your lovely mom has done a great job. And I’m so so pleased you want to be together. Much love MIL xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIL, thank you for your kind words! We have found that being together is the best thing. Now we don't know why we waited. I guess I, Coke, needed more time, but I discovered that Scottie is a great guy. Much love from Scottie and Coke, and Cindy xxxxxxx

      Delete