Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday video: A visit to the incredible Dr. Pol

Hi there,

This is Raani!
A few wheeks ago my slaves Mieke and daddy E went to see Dr. Pol at a dutch theatre.
You might know him as the incredible Dr. Pol and seen him while your slaves watch him on National geographic. What you might not know is that he was born in the Netherlands. So from his vet practice in Michigan, he came back to his home land and did a theatre tour.
Slaves say it was fun to watch him talk about all the animals he's seen and the things he experienced.
He did the show in Dutch as this is his mother tongue, which was odd, as slaves are used to seeing him speak English, but his dutch is still very good. Also his wife Diane manages to express herself very well in Dutch.

The first part of the show he would talk about his experiences and show videos of patients he's seen.
After the break everyone were told they would get to work and dr.Pol would 'see' some animals. All visitors to the show were asked to send in a picture of their pet with a question about them. Mommy thought this would be nice, and shared a pigture of me, and some x rays, and wanted to ask dr. Pol about my saddle back (a sagged back). It seems to be a rare thing in guinea pigs, we had never heard of that before it was found in me... It would be cool if my story was picked out of the entries!
So the break was over and consultation hour started...
And it was me on the screen! On the left you can see a miniature Dr. Pol and the hostess.
Mom was handed a microphone and told who I was and asked my question. It seemed he had not really heard about this saddleback in guinea pigs. He does know about it in horses, and asked if Raani had kids. Apparently this happens in animals that had kids, but Raani hasn't. He also said she is not a race horse and she can grow old with this and it should not bother her.
According to my vet it would cause (some) pain, so I am not sure now. Anyone here has any experience with guinea pigs and a saddle back?

Below you can see the video daddy E made of mom and Dr. Pol answering the question in dutch. If you want us to translate a bit, let us know! They are all laughing about dr.Pol saying she is not a race horse. At the end he says I am a pretty animal (mooi beestje) 😄.

Have a good wheekend,
Raani

1 comment:

  1. Ann of Piggyville19 October, 2018 16:10

    Thanks for the story and video. I and the Piggyville girls really enjoy watching Dr. Pol. I have never seen saddle back in guinea pigs. I have had several piggys that had arthritis of the spine. In some cases it was treated with oral ibuprofen 8mg twice a day. In the more severe cases arthritic piggys were given orally 5mg Rimadyl twice a day. Wishing you the best of health.

    ReplyDelete