Sunday, November 30, 2014

November Piggies of the month: Revy and Abby roo

Just in time before the end of the month November: 
our calendar piggies are Revy and Abby-Roo of the CaliCavyCollective.


Be sure to visit their website: www.calicavycollective.com


----




Ahoy! Revy here along with my sidekick Abby-Roo. I was quite excited to be chosen as this month's calendar piggy - even if I do have to share it with my cage mate. Now, onto the story of how we got our names and Undercover Agent aliases...


I received my name from my foster mom at Orange County Cavy Haven guinea pig rescue. My feisty, domineering personality and rocking awesome eye patch reminded her of a pirate. While casting about for names of female pirates she came up with Revy. The name stuck. My forever home humans had some thoughts of renaming me but realized Revy was the perfect name once the new home shyness wore off and my charming true self emerged. Good thing too, because I certainly didn't fancy being stuck as yet another "Oreo". Naturally, it followed that my undercover alias became Agent Pirate. 




My first mate Abby-Roo (yes, she is currently my only shipmate.. my plans for crew expansion and naval domination shall commence as soon as I finish devouring this lettuce leaf.. and that one... and what's left of hers... oh, and take a nap...) landed at a local shelter with the unfortunate name of Sonic. Our humans met her at Cavy House Guinea Pig Rescue and recruited her to be my ship - er, cage mate. Both agreed that her name had to go as she did not in any way resemble a blue male hedgehog. A flurry of increasingly absurd potential names followed: Lily, Jasmine, Brie, Frosting, Popcorn, Barley, and even Tofu were considered before they finally went to have lunch. Needless to say, I was snickering in my pigloo.


After a good meal (and the return of common sense), they finally settled on Abby-Roo, short for Abyssinian Peruvian. They thought Roo also suited her because her rooster tail-like butt fluff kept smacking me in the face. I may or may not have tried to bite it a few times but that is another story. They gave her the undercover alias of Agent Kermodei because her ivory coat reminded them of the white spirit bears that live in Canada's Great Bear Rainforest.


And there you have it! Agent Pirate, reporting out.

1 comment:

  1. We love the Cali Cavy Collective and look at their blog every day.

    We love the Calendar too.

    ReplyDelete