Thursday, April 15, 2010

Me is a Bad Patient

According to Mummy hmmppfff

Here is what has been happening, Mummy tries to get the syringe in my mouth to give me my medicine she gets really close and then I turn my head away.

Me struggles and acts like me is panicking to make her feel guilty and stop.

Me managed to bite her once, she said it really hurt wimp.

After watching Mummy struggle for ages Daddy tried to syringe me, he got really close to my mouth hit the plunger and covered Mummy in medicine, he gave up after that.

When Mummy does manage to get the medicine in me, me pulls a face and keeps chewing to make it obvious me is not impressed.

When she has finished instead of settling down for a cuddle to calm us both down me then starts biting the towel and moving about so she knows me wants to go straight back to bed.

Is that being a bad patient????

Quick update, my scabs have nearly all gone and me is much less swollen now.

2 comments:

  1. Do you try to push the medicine out with your tongue too? That's another no-medicine piggy tactic that I've seen!

    Hooray for your boy bits healing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so pleased that you are recovering.

    If any of us have to have really nasty medicine, Slave towel wraps us. Expertly done, it is hard for the most wriggly of us to get even one little foot out of the wrap and Slave has the medicine in our mouths before we have time for a squeak of protest.

    We know that the meds are for our own good but that Baytril is so bitter. Hopefully the course will soon be over and you will be 100% again.

    ReplyDelete