Thursday, June 18, 2009

All About Hay

As every good guinea pig knows hay is the must have essential for every cage/ hutch.

Hay has many uses, it is essential for keeping teeth worn down (remember guinea pig teeth grow constantly) the fibre helps keep your digestive system working properly (no soft or hard poops thank you very much)

Hay is also a good plaything, it can make a tunnel, a nest a castle anything you want and can imagine really, it can help keep you warm in winter and when you want to nap you can hide under the hay from the annoying humans.

I have 2 types of hay (me special you know) I have meadow hay to use for bedding and playing and burgess excel herbage timothy hay for eating (dont tell mummy but I eat the meadow hay as well heehee)

Make sure your humans know to provide you as much fresh hay as you can eat and some spare to play in, and make sure they dont get confused with hay and straw, straw can hurt guinea pigs if it pokes them in the eye, hay is much softer.

Well I am off to play king of the castle in my hay.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeek

No comments:

Post a Comment