Saturday, May 9, 2015

Not quite a May Queen



When Slave read my post the other day, she was upset at my disappointment at not being able to be the May Queen on 1st. May. She takes special care of the Piggyfriend Pensioners and we all get an extra cucumber allowance. At 6 years and 9 months, I am the oldest piggy here.

There are still no blossoms on our hawthorn hedge, although there are lots of tiny buds and her friend had no blossom either. Slave says that this has been a strange Spring with some plants flowering very early and some late.

She says that, in France, people give each other bunches of Lily of the Valley on May 1st but the ones in the garden are not in flower yet either and they would have been dangerous to have in my pigture as they are toxic.

So she picked this big bunch of forget me nots from the garden and took this pigture. I was really pleased and tried to eat the flowers. Slave says that they are harmless but not really piggy food so I had some dandelions when I went back to my pen.

A belated Happy May Day from Petunia Piggyfriend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pettunia, So you are agent flower! Looking lovely and special with the forget-me-nots. Haha, you get an extra cucumber allowance, love that expression!

    Mikey of the guinygirlz: Roos, Peaches and Tijger and boar Berke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat and the Prairie Pigs10 May, 2015 17:04

    Agent Flower, you make a beautiful May Queen surrounded by forget-me-nots! They are one of my favourite flowers, such an intense blue. Thank goodness you have such an attentive and resourceful slave.

    I didn't realize you were the senior Piggyfriend now --- congratulations on that. It's a big job, having to set a example for all of those young pigs who need your advice and instruction on proper comportment; I hope you are being patient with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww you are very very adorable Agent Flower!! you make a beautiful May Piggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petunia Piggyfriend13 May, 2015 22:45

    Thank you dear friends.

    ReplyDelete