Thursday, February 2, 2017

A Piggy A-Z. E is for Eddie

We are now starting E in our Piggy A-Z with our friend Eddie. Here is his pigture.

And here is his story..........


Hi, I am Eddie, AKA Agent Confetti, helping represent "E." I like the letter "E" because it was the first letter of my first brother's name, Ethan (RIP), who was also known as Agent Peruke or Agent Sheep.

I hope you like my photo. In it I am being mysterious, but I am also trying to show my crest. I am a tricolor crested guinea pig and am just more than four years old. My mom and dad adopted me when I was a baby. They took Ethan to a rescue a couple of hours away, and Ethan met five piggies and chose me! We were great brothers and friends for three years.

Now I live with my brother Nugget, whose adoption day is Groundhog Day, Feb. 2. He and I met a year ago.

Recently I had bladder-stone surgery. Bladder stones are not nice and do not belong in piggies. My mom does her best with my diet, and Nugget and I drink bottled water, but she has a theory that crested piggies are prone to stones. Since the surgery, I am back to my favorite pastimes, such as watching weather radar and waving shredded newspaper (part of my bedding) to get attention for food. I believe that an agent should be aware of the world (hence my interest in the weather) and should be versatile (hence my using bedding as a semaphore).

Nugget and I share a very big cage (or house) made of C & C cubes, and in it we have lots of cozies, a "sofa," a PVC tube, and an "A-frame" that my dad made out of wood. In the spring and summer, the A-frame is one of my favorite places to be. We also use our carrier and a wooden house when we have floortime. My mom says I am smart because when we have floortime and I want to return to my house, I chase her around.

As for food, it is very important. I love hay, of course, and cucumbers are one of my favorite veggies. I also like to angle my pellet bowl at 45 degrees to make for easier access to it. This dumps some of the pellets out, and my mom has to return them to the bowl. It is important to make your humans do things for you.

I also trained my mom to transport me via the PVC tube, although she thinks she trained me to use it. Nugget now uses the tube as well. As you know, an agent has to be adept at psychology.

Thank you for reading about me. I am proud to be Agent Confetti and a proponent of "E."

2 comments:

  1. Pat and the Prairie Pigs03 February, 2017 21:33

    What a beautiful boy --- that crest is really striking!

    It's so nice to meet you in person, after hearing so much about your recent adventures on the GPDD; you are a lucky pig to have had such nice friends as Ethan and Nugget. Good work on training your human so well, too! It proves than even humans caught be taught useful skills if a pig is patient enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol and Avalanche06 February, 2017 21:44

    Hello Eddie! It's nice to see your pigture. Avalanche is a crested boy as well. We hope you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete