Monday, March 30, 2015

Diary of an old lady 27-30 March 2015

I am writing to you from a wonderful place called the rainbow bridge, I have just arrived there. It is lovely to see all my friends again that I have met in my long life only 17 days short of 7 years. The food here looks marvellous, Can't wait to dig in, and all piggies here are happy and pain free!

Last friday I did not want to eat anymore. I was taken to the vet and my lungs did not sound good. Antibiotics and a painkiller were prescribed.
As I was not eating a lot by myself I got some pellet mush from my daddy slave, yesterday I still let him know he was going to slowly feeding me, by tugging on the syringe with the mush.
The other piggies were very sweet taking care of me. They were taking turns lying close to me.
 Here you see Roos and me


And Peaches and me...
A photo posted by Mieke (@pandameisje) on



Today when mommy slave (Mikey) came home from work she found me lying on my side, having convulsions and in obvious pain. My tummy was very swollen.
Slave rushed me to the vet, calling them on the way to the car, and texted dad she was taking me to the vet now. In the short car drive she told me we were going to the vet and he would help me with the pain. Both slaves were there when I left for the bridge. Dad must have cycled really hard to be there in time, but I was glad he was there too!

If I, as an old lady, can give you an advice: just keep munching! It worked very well for me.

Dear Spooky, I loved having you as my long-distance boarfriend. Thanks for all your sweet presents and words. I hope to see you someday here at this wonderful place, but take your time with your slaves and piggypals first, I will be waiting for you...

Love, to you all!
Woopy

10 comments:

  1. Goodbye my beloved Lil Woop until we meet again xxx

    The humans send love to your humans they know how they feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we are all so sad to read this. Look out for our Garnet ( Agent Big Red ) as he has just preceded you to the Rainbow Bridge.

    We loved reading your adventures over so many years and will miss your company.

    Our Slave sends lots of love and hugs to your humans. She too knows how they must be feeling right now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat and the Prairie Pigs31 March, 2015 17:05

    What sad news, but I am glad to hear that both your beloved slaves were with you to say goodbye and also to see what good care the rest of your herd took of you in your last few days with them. In many ways, piggies are wiser than humans so maybe they already knew what was coming and were saying goodbye, too.
    Miss Woopy, you were a treasure and we will all miss hearing your views on the world. As always, you are a brave trendsetter in sending us our first Agent report from beyond the Rainbow Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for your loss of a dear pet and companion, yet I know you appreciate the nearly-seven years you enjoyed with her! Your photos of the other piggies ministering to their friend are PRECIOUS!

    Ann & Purdy Piggy in CT, USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad news :( Sending lots of good thoughts to your piggy friends and your slaves. We'll miss you, Woopy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean (misfits)31 March, 2015 20:09

    dear sweet Woopy, You will be missed by many many slaves and piggies. You will never be forgotten. You touched many lives in your 7 years.
    Run free and enjoy all you can at the rainbow bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sorry to hear about darling Woopy :-(
    RIP Woopy run free at the bridge enjoy munching on all those lovely veggies with so many of your little friends :-(
    Another little star now twinkling in the sky.
    Huge hugs for you both and little kisses for the sad family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Love Glynis xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stefanie and the Surrey Squeakers02 April, 2015 23:39

    That is such sad news. Woopy has been a big part of your lives. Isn't it amazing how piggies understand so clearly what is happening. Peter Gurney always said that when it's time to go, a piggy will turn its back on the world and face the wall. I have found this to be true so often. I'm sure Woopy is very happy at the Bridge and appreciates the lovely life you gave her.

    Hugs from Stefanie and the Squeakers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry to hear about Woopy. How sweet that Woopy's friends were there! Woopy will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone who left a comment here. It is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete