Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Daisy :'(

Just to let you know: we found Daisy had crossed the bridge early on last monday morning... I am devastated as she was doing so well on saturday after a bladder stone surgery on friday. \Her belly was really swollen, we suspect her bowels were punctured when trying to get air out with a
needle... that caused fluids/air to leak in to her belly cavity and madeher belly make sloshing sounds...
The vet's assistant punctured her swollen belly when I took her body in on mondag, and said only blood was coming out. She suspects she had an internal bleeding.

She was pretty certain whatever it was that they could not have done much
about it, and she was impressed we got her through the weekend at all...

Hug all your piggies from me!
Mieke, Erwin and the remaining Woopy (almost 6,5!), Roos and Berke

P.S. I will post what happened in the upcoming days... (If you are on the GPDD you probably already read it...)
This is Daisy with her boyfriend Agent Zeppelin,
they met when we drove south to get Bérke

8 comments:

  1. [Jimmy]: I miss my sweet Daisy very much and I'm cherish al my memories and ofcourse this lovely pigture of us together. She was such a beauty. Kiss from Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. It's so hard when they don't recover from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs to the Guinygirlz and slave we will all miss Daisy here, we hate stones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farewell dear little fuzzy friend. We will all miss you here at Piggyfriends.

    R.I.P. Daisy and hugs to those who remain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read Daisy's story and to hear the sad news. We will miss seeing her little face. Many hugs to you and the piggies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your comments!

    Alice, how are your pigs managing without Peaches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that Truffle missed having her around for a bit, though thankfully she was back to her usual self after about two weeks.

      Delete
  7. Hé wat naar... Gecondoleerd! (lees het net pas)

    ReplyDelete