Thursday, June 24, 2010

Medical Update

Now me doesnt want you to worry (trust me Mummy is worrying enough for the world) but those of you who have followed my blog for a while will know me has been causing concern with my unexplained weight loss.

Me has been to the normal vet several times in the last few months only to be told they can find nothing wrong.

Mummy was not happy with this and finally managed to find a vet who had trained with Peter Gurney.

Well yesterday they have run all sorts of tests on me including x-rays and blood tests and what they have found is that me has kidney stones.

Me has 2 stones stuck in the uretha (tubes between kidney and bladder) one from each kidney and it looks like me has 2 more forming again one in each kidney.

Well these stones have caused kidney and liver damage and where they are at the moment they are inoperable.

Me is at home with Mummy and Daddy (and Ghost) now but we dont know how long me has left before me goes to join Agents Thunderbear and Master of Disguise at the bridge.

Mummy is going to try some herbal remedies that have been recommended Hydrangea Root Tincture and Chanca Plus Powder to see if this helps break the stones down.

My weight is now down to 925g and me looks very skinny but me is still keen to get my veggies and of course me makes Mummy's life difficult by fighting the syringe and refusing to co-operate.

Me will give you regular updates on what is happening with me, but me doesnt want you to stop your good secret agent work.

Me still wants to introduce new guest and to hear about different celebrations so keep me updated, me needs you lot to keep me entertained.

Mummy says if anyone has any suggestions please let her know.

Now get back to your secret agent work.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Fugly we are praying hard for you to be able to get rid of those stones. We are working on our 4th of July pictures. Mommie just isnt happy with the ones she took so far. So we are working hard on our secret agent stuff, we will make you proud. We are sending your mommie lots of hugs too as she sure needs them as she is very worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whee are thinking of you and you slaves and sending you lots of piggy hugs and kisses.
    Paws crossed for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the Piggyfriends are sending their very best wishes and hope that the herbal remedies help.

    Hugs for your slaves too as they probably need a few hugs. And for Agent Ghost too as he will be worried about you.

    Paws crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Surrey Squeakers25 June, 2010 20:28

    Oh Fugly we have got all our paws crossed too. We hope the herbal remedies will provide a miracle cure and keep you with us for a long long time to come. The Bridge has enough secret agents. We are sad to announce that Agent Frothy went there soon after the picture of her appeared on Algernon's blog and, as if that wasn't bad enough, Agent Patchwork joined her there yesterday.

    The sad and worried Surrey Squeakers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Surrey Squeakers,

    We are all so sorry about the loss of two of our secret agents. We know that those of us who are part of a large herd like ours and yours have this happen all too often and we send hugs and love to those who remain.

    R.I.P. Agents Frothy and Patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Squeakers, me is so sorry that our secret Agent friends Frothy and Patchwork have gone to the rainbow bridge.

    They will be forever remembered here for their outstanding work spying on humans and looking after visiting rats.

    Agent F and Ghost

    ReplyDelete