Friday, March 26, 2010

Trouble Making Texel

Hey Buddy,

Okay, now finally, as promised, some more information about my breed.

Tumtadadum.. I'm a Texel!!! This means I have a very long curly coat. Mom says I'm very high maintanance. Tuh.. well thank you very much.. *looks really proud*.

Did you know I have some sheep and an island named after me? (no not Igors.. texels) The sheep are very curly and heavy muscled (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel_(sheep) ) just like me! And the island.. aw well.. it was close to Amsterdam (the city) when I hijacked the VOC ship and I needed a place to hideout from the police. I guess the natives were very impressed with my eating skills when I was mowing their lawns, so I think they named the island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texel) and their sheep after me.

Mom likes to keep my hair short because I'm still trying to grow dreadlocks to impress my Mickey (mom just doesn't understand what cool is.. *sigh*). She doesn't comb my hair because I hate that; but she does pick out poo and hay every week or so and when she finds little knots she justs takes a scissor and cuts them out (doesn't happen too often btw.. but i do try). She repeats that until my hair becomes too long and then she cuts it all off.

The difference between Texels and other curly pigs (Rexes, CH and US teddies) is that my hair keeps on growing. The CH Teddies do have longer hair than the Rexes and US teddies, but it doesn't get any longer than a few cm. There is only one other breed that has long curly hair that keeps on growing and those are Lunkarya's. But their hair is better described as wild; instead of corkscrew curly like mine.

Lots of Wheeks!
Agent I

[caption id="attachment_635" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Trouble Making Texel "][/caption]

A texel is a Rexoid Sheltie, they can come in any colour the breed standard says that the sweep should be longer than the sides and fall over the butt, they should have a central parting and no matting (bad luck Agent I) a crest or rosette = disqualification.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful fur! Very proud looking Texel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweety, here's Mickey. My slave has curls too, is she a Texel too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!

    We are off the vets tomomorrow so they can help with the hair tangles, last time I got bit!
    I hope you are more well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes.. I believe your slave is a chocolate colored Texel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Agent I,

    I am a Texel too, a black one with a little white stripe down one side.

    I am glad that my Slave keeps my hair short as no-one cared for me in my first home and when I was taken to the shelter my coat was one huge mat full of straw. Slave's son had to take it all off with hair clippers. The ball of mats was bigger than me and I was thrilled to be rid of it and to be able to run around.

    Your Slave takes wonderful care of your coat. What a smart piggy.

    Shadow Piggyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pigture is very lovely! your locks are so neat! we do not have a texel at the misfits. Such a fine looking piggie indeed!

    ReplyDelete